A 'Bespoke Career' is about exploring the idea of working for yourself or creating a career rather than looking for prepackaged jobs.
There’s a growing trend to create startups that have these characteristics:
· Easy to start and easy to run, with no need for huge finance
· You can start this new job while you are still working in you old role
· Its flexible and simple, try things out and see what work’s
· You don’t employ others or rent an office so the risk is reduced
· Build them and craft your career with a clear idea of your lifestyle design in mind
· Make use of the low cost of start up technology.
How do you create this?
· Explore self reflective activities and seek to clarity your skills/strengths, values and passions, the environment you want to work in, the salary you want to make,
· Consider what do you want your day to look like- think about the lifestyle you want to design for yourself,
· Examine your fears and honesty assess them.
· Who is out there that can be your cheerleader and support you
· Get the networks going, join the groups and communities that can help you and that you can contribute to.
Most of all- DO SOMETHING- ACT – then REFLECT and reassess where you are at with evidence.
Don’t get paralyzed by over thinking this process. You bespoke career may not come together overnight. It’s not an epiphany, more like a slow burn.
Go to Career Redesign website resource section and look for references that could inspire you.